A Doordarshan cameraman and two security personnel died in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh.
Two policemen and a cameraperson from national broadcaster Doordarshan died in a Maoist attack in election-bound Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district, news agency ANI reported.
The Doordarshan team was in the Maoist-affected region for election coverage. The attack took place in the forests in Aranpur in Dantewada.
Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh will be held in two phases on November 12 and 20
Here are the updates on Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada:
Today our patrolling party was ambushed by Naxals in Aranpur. Two of our personnel were martyred, and a DD cameraman was also injured and later succumbed. Two more personnel injured: DIG P Sundarraj told news agency ANI.
Cameraman Achyuthanand Sahu was part of a Doordarshan crew in Chhattisgarh for election coverage.
- The 90 seats of the Chhattisgarh Assembly will vote in two phases – November 12 and November 20.
- The Maoist-affected districts of southern Chhattisgarh will vote in the first phase of polling.
- The Doordarshan team was in the Maoist-affected regionfor election coverage and was accompanying a patrolling team in Dantewada.
- The attack took place in the forests in Aranpur in Dantewada. “Our party had gone to the area for patrolling. The Doordarshan crew was with them,” P Sunder Raj, DIG, Naxal Operation, said.
- The Doordarshan cameraman has been identified as Achyuthanand Sahu.