PM Modi will address a rally in Lunglei and meet NGO and civil society leaders at Aizawl.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi slammed the Congress for ignoring the aspirations of the people in Mizoram, and said the party’s rule has left the state behind in terms of development. “The work culture of the Congress has caused many projects to be delayed, leading to crumbling infrastructure in the state. However, the neighbouring states have excellent roads,” PM Modi said while addressing a rally in Lunglei. Mizoram is the only Congress-ruled state in Northeast.
Meanwhile, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Telangana to address her first-ever rally for the upcoming assembly elections.Mrs Gandhi, who will be accompanied her son and Congress president Rahul Gandhi, will address a rally in Medchal at 6 pm. The Congress leader is expected release the party’s manifesto for the upcoming elections which, among others, promises waiver of all crop loans up to Rs 2 lakh.
Meanwhile, PM Modi will address a rally in Lunglei and meet with various NGO and civil society leaders at Aizawl, senior BJP leader Ram Madhav tweeted..
The campaign by the prime minister, who is his party’s biggest draw, has in the past resulted in a late swing of votes in the favour of the Bharatiya Janata Party, party sources asserted, citing the Gujarat and Karnataka polls as examples.
Here are the LIVE updates on assembly election rallies in Mizoram and Telangana:
“Congress government doesn’t bother about Mizoram”
- Congress party which once governed most Indian States, is now restricted to just two or three States. Now, the people of Mizoram, have a golden opportunity to rid themselves, of this Congress culture.
- By working on ‘Act fast for India’s East’, in the last 4.5 years, we have developed every region of the Northeast.
- The Northeast has moved past from bandh, guns and blockades. The people across Northeast are experiencing it.
- BJP government works towards both – the pace and the development. The development work of the Railways has grown three times during our government.
- Due to the Congress government in Mizoram, people aren’t able to benefit from it. In fact, the Congress government doesn’t bother about Mizoram.
Your hopes, ambitions do not matter to the Congress: PM
- A Congress leader called attire of the North-east as outlandish. Your hopes, ambitions do not matter to the Congress. Their priority is power and not the people of Mizoram
- Congress party which once governed most Indian States, is now restricted to just two or three States. Now, the people of Mizoram, have a golden opportunity to rid themselves, of this Congress culture
PM Modi is addressing a public rally in Lunglei, Mizoram
- It is always a pleasure to visit this part of the country. In the last four years, I have travelled to different States of the North-East 27 times.
- This is my vision and thought not just for Mizoram but for entire country. This is why in the last four the BJP Government at the Centre, has worked for greater recognition, and spread of Indian culture and traditions, far and wide.
- I feel a deep sense of anguish, when I see the leaders of the Congress party, abuse the same traditions.
Sonia Gandhi will be accompanied her son and Congress president Rahul Gandhi during her tour to Telangana. The Congress leader will address a rally in Medchal at 6 pm. She is expected release the party’s manifesto for the upcoming elections which, among others, promises waiver of all crop loans up to Rs 2 lakh.
Sonia Gandhi will be addressing an election meeting at Medchal on the outskirts of Hyderabad. The meet was expected to give a headstart to the party’s campaign as it heads a four-party ‘Mahakutami’ or grand alliance ahead of the single phase December 7 polls.
BJP leader Ram Madhav PM Modi will visit Mizoram for election campaign in the Congress-ruled state today.