PM Narendra Modi will speak in Amroha, Saharanpur and Dehradun.
Ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections beginning April 11, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing three public rallies today– two in Uttar Pradesh and one in Uttarakhand. PM Modi addressed a rally in Amroha. He will later attend a rally in support of Saharanpur Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Raghav Lakhanpal. Saharanpur will vote on April 11 and Amroha on April 18. Both Saharanpur and Amroha elected BJP candidates in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections despite the region being dominated by the minority community. He will then head to Dehradun in Uttarakhand to address his third public rally.
Here are the highlights from PM Modi’s rallies in UP and Uttarakhand today:
PM Narendra Modi Addresses Public Rally In UP’s Amroha
- In the last five years, the way you have stood by this chowkidar, for that I bow down before you with humility
- Yesterday, the UAE announced its highest civilian honour Zayed Medal for your pradhan sewak. I convey my heartfelt gratitude to the government and people of the UAE
- I have worked day and night to ensure that in the last 5 years India’s head doesn’t hang… and I am happy to say that not once has that happened
- In fact, India’s image an respect across the world has gone up manifold
- Today, the whole world is looking at India with so much respect… You know why that is happening? Who is responsible for this? No, it is not because of Modi… it is because of 125 crore Indians
- (Alleging that Congress, Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party are soft on terror, PM Modi said) In the last five years, blasts have stopped because you have put a chowkidar in Delhi who has a clear conscience
- Governments of Bua (Mayawati) and Babua (Akhilesh Yadav) released terror accused. They were kind to them
- Congress, SP or BSP, they have all put your life and future in danger
- Soldier, youth or farmer– chowkidars‘ government has worked for the protection of everyone
- Terrorists are being given replies in their own language. This is not liked by some people who lose their sleep when India hits back
- When Pakistan exposed in front of the world, some people start speaking in its favour